Established in 1924, Thomas Scott Seating Ltd have been supplying specialist seats and chairs to all modes of industry since 1968 ( appointed distributors for BOSTROM seats ).
We supply seats for the following manufacturers and many more:-
J DEERE, MASSEY, CASE IH , NEW HOLLAND, CATERPILLAR, TEREX, VOLVO CONSTRUCTION, DAEWOO, DEUTZ, KOMATSU, RENAULT, SCANIA, DAF, ERF, MERCEDES, MAN, SCAMMEL, DENNIS, ALEXANDER, ISEKI, TOYOTA FORKLIFTS, HYUNDAI, NISSAN, HYSTER, MANITOU, MERLO, SANDERSON, O&K, JACOBSEN, KOBELCO, KOMATSU FORESTRY.
SPARE PARTS ARE AVAILABLE USUALLY FROM STOCK FOR MOST POPULAR TYPES OF SEATS.
We are official distributors for KAB Seating, Grammer Seating Systems, SEARS Seating and ISRINGHAUSEN. We can also source other types of chair and can assemble bespoke seats.
You may have already seen us at various indoor and outdoor shows throughout the year or our adverts in trade magazines for each market.
All seats can be supplied with mounting brackets (where required) for each specific application.
We can tailor any of our seats to meet any individual requirements each customer may have:
- PVC ,fabric and leather trims
- Adjustable headrests
- Operator presence switches
- Mounting pedestals for marine chairs
- Replacement spares for all seats
- Tiltable armrests
- Seat Cushion heaters
- AIR or Mechanical suspensions (12/24V)
- Brackets for fitment to most vehicles
Full seat re-trimming services are available and also supply of fabric, PVC Vinyl replacement covers for DIY fitting.
ENVIROMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
Thomas Scott Seating Ltd will operate in an environmentally responsible way to protect our products and the communities in which we work and live. In doing so, we are committed to supporting sustainability and biodiversity and making it a fully integrated part of our business.
As well as our commitment to protect the environment we are also continually seeking to improve our environmental performance through reduction of our energy usage and conservation as well as aiming to reduce our waste to landfill and increasing on recyclability.
In order to reduce our waste to landfill be will continue to reduce, re-use, recycle and dispose of paper, cardboard, wood, steel, PVC and printer cartridges and we are looking for further recycling opportunities.
At present all of the below are recycled on or off site:-
- Paper Shredded and re-used as packaging material
- Plastic Sent for recycling
- Pallets Re-used by ourselves or sent for pulping into Fibreboard
- Cardboard Re-used by ourselves as packing
- Steel Collected by scrap merchants for recycling
- Foam Re-used as packing material
We now have minimal disposal and landfill due to above implementations.
Our achievement will require support from our suppliers and customers who also have similar approaches.
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and Improvement
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
Date:- 27th JANUARY 2015 ( SALES DIRECTOR )
Thomas Scott ( Seating ) Ltd, 14 Dundyvan Way, Dundyvan Enterprise Park, COATBRIDGE ML5 4FR